History & Status
The 32nd Bristol (1st Whitehall) Scout Group was formed on 14 June 1976. Prior to this the 52nd Bristol (St Leonard’s) Scout Group operated from behind the then church hall of St Leonard’s Church at Blackswarth Road, Redfield, and the 48th Bristol (Open) Scout Group operated from our current Headquarters. The 52nd and 48th Groups merged to form the new 32nd; at the same time the 32nd also gained members from the 199th Bristol (St Ambrose) Scout Group that used to operate from premises at the junction of Whitehall Road and Stretford Road; just a short distance away from our headquarters.
Our building was formally opened on 24th June 1972, and was a consequence of the (then) 48th Bristol Group being relocated from their wooden building nearer the junction of Whitehall Road and Foxcroft Road.
The 32nd Bristol (1st Whitehall) Scout Group is an independent charity with our own constitution and Trustees. We are an “Excepted Charity” with an exemption from registration with the Charity Commission. HM Revenue and Customs has determined that we are a charity for tax purposes in line with paragraph 1 of schedule 6 of the Finance Act 2010, and have also determined that for tax purposes we are a charitable company.
32nd Formally closed in September 2017 but continues to Operate as part on 58th (1st Eastville) Scout Group and operates as part of that group receiving support from 58th (1st Eastville) Scout Group Leadership team and Group Executive. For more information Contact via Simon at email@example.com
The District commissioner is keen for the Group to Re-launch once support and an executive can be formed.
Scouting started in 1907 and, since then, has grown to a worldwide movement with around 40million members spread across all but a handful of counties around the world.
Think you know Scouting?